Sunday, May 24, 2009

Janis: I thank God...

I just wanted to publicly thank God for so many wonderful blessings since this team has been formed....

1. Thank you dear Lord for putting our travel agent (and Faith Bible member/Christian!) in our path. Not only did we get a great airfare, but to me, it was a sign that this trip was meant to be.

2. I thank you Lord for all the wonderfully gifted and enthusiastic people you have generously placed on our team. I truly thank you for their smiles, jokes, ideas and spirit. I am inspired by each of them and their God-given talents. And this includes Mei-Ling, Patti, Al & Ev Ko -- I consider them our "team consultants"!

3. I thank you for your grace and understanding that not everything has to be perfect. I've been ruled by that lie for many many years now and with you now in my life, I am now free... truly free!

4. I thank you Lord for Tom. I know it was you who put his face and name instantly in my head when asked if I wanted to co-lead with someone else. He has such a gentle spirit but behind it all is a powerhouse of ideas, leadership and strong presence. Please keep him healthy and ease his work pressure Lord.

But mostly,
5. I thank you for this WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY to get to know the Nakamuras, Tamuras and Reasoners on a personal basis. Before I guess, I felt that I could just work with them for a while but now, I've grown closer to them already in just my brief communications with them. I feel more of a partner in their ministries and in furthering your Kingdom. Thank you again for this oppportunity.

6. And thank you for delivering the children to these VBSes. I pray that something, anything out of the VBS or what we do (a look, a smile, a touch) while with these kids, makes somekind of an impact IN YOUR NAME. Lord, guide us in this grand adventure.

PS: I pray that someday, I will be able to smile for the camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment