Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thank you from Tom

I just wanted to thank all of you for making this year’s Japan Mission Trip possible through your prayers and financial support. I am really excited because I have more invested in this year’s trip as co-leader. My fellow co-leader, Janis, has been a God send by keeping me on track and handling all the administrative matters (one of my many weak points) and much much more. The Japan Mission Team has spent countless hours putting everything together for a great Vacation Bible School for Tokorozawa Megumi Church in Higashi (East) Tokorozawa, Japan, July 28-August1 and the Nokendai Bible Fellowship in Yokosuka, Japan, August 3-7. Our theme this year centers around a summer camp call "SonRock Kids Camp." Our study will deal with the Disciple Peter's relationship with Jesus and how Jesus changed Peter's and our lives.
We have been blessed with extremely talented people who are using their gifts and talents to make the mission a success. I am extremely proud of our youngest members of our team for their dedication, hard work and youthful enthusiasm. They did an exceptional job on the You-Tube video of our VBS Songs.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=82BB140ECCCA8803
Also I will get to use my PE teaching experience by doing some of my PE activities with the Japanese children. I am really looking forward to this. I’ve tried to pick activities that the Japanese children may not be as familiar with such as sport fishing, American Football and Ultimate Frisbee.
Well, that’s all I have for you now. Keep checking this blog for the latest news and again thank you so much for making this all happen.
In Christ’s Name,
Tom Higashi東

No comments:

Post a Comment