Monday, July 27, 2009

Matt: "Grape Jello and Coin Purses...It Rains in Japan?"

Hello! How are you? Me? Oh, I'm doing well; thank you for asking...

Okay, let me give you a rundown of my day today! I woke up at about 6AM...this time I blame the timezone switch... (Actually, I first woke up at like 5 because Mr. Morning Person Tom Higashi was up early on the computadora.) I played the guitar and helped "cook" breakfast ("cooked" potatoes; are you proud of me, Mom???).

After we ate, we took off for the Send Center to set-up the VBS.
(I got a little distracted by the amazing YAMAHA grand piano...such a beautiful piano...I think I'll take it home with me.) We had an intro to the upcoming week of VBS and then went to a market to buy food. Oh, yes! You're probably really excited because I'm gonna tell you ALL about the food! I bought chicken karage, gyoza, and two trays of rice...it was SOOOO good! The chicken had this ginger thing going on and it was quite tasty. Don't worry, the gyoza and rice were good, also. I really wanted to speak some Japanese so I went up to some woman who worked there and asked her if my gyoza plate was gyoza (even though I knew what it was...yeah...I'm not weird at all...) ...I'm pretty sure that was a run-on sentence...oh, well...


Later, some of us went to a park. I drank this bizarre grape/jello drink (ew) and went to a 100 yen shop. I bought a coin purse!!! Ah, so awesome!!! I went outside to find it raining (what the heck?) and hung out there for a while.

Now, I'm back at the Send Center. I'm looking forward to tomorrow...it IS what we came here for...I'm praying that God will use us as He desires and that He will reach the children of Japan. I know He is sovereign and powerful; I can't wait to see what He will do here. (Okay, g2g [haha], Tim wants his computer back...)

Blessings!

Matt Sekijima

No comments:

Post a Comment