Friday, July 31, 2009

Matt: "They Called Me A Zucchini"

So going into this blog I thought that I didn't blog yesterday...I checked and...oops, I did...haha (I blame the heat/being tired.)

So...today...was our second-to-last day of VBS. We had rushed morning because we had to send our luggage to Nokendai from the Send Center. When we arrived, we got in a circle to pray and worship. (It was interesting leading on a piano ten feet away...?)

VBS started. Lucky everyone else, I was the "MC" who intro-ed the theme for the day: Forgiven By Jesus. I used Tim and Vincy in a skit; they were two friends I was trying to be friends with...and they shunned me.(so typical...just kidding...) In the end, the two friends felt conviction and asked me for forgiveness. The skit ended with all three of us going off to see whales...? ...yeah...I thought so...but it worked... I feel like the Holy Spirit spoke through me in my proceeding talk. He is mighty.


Then we split and had another skit...hey that rhymed...(sorry...couldn't help it...) Susan told the story of Peter's denial of Jesus. Tim was Peter. I was Jesus. (I know what you're thinking, parents of mine. Fitting, desu ne?) After the skit, I made a bead cross and also helped an older gentleman pastor make one...man, my Japanese sucks...it was fun!


To close the day, we had our usual closing in song...except the music didn't work so I played it on the piano... (AHHHH!!!!!!!!!) It ended up going okay! Tim, Vincy, and Elliot led the motions while I screamed the words and played as loudly as I could...haha.


PE in the Parque! Tom set-up a cool "teach the teacher" day. The kids did some crazy/weird handstand thing etc...(<--did you catch that?) It was neat! Then the kids pulled me in...ouch...that's all I have to say...

We went home and I was tired. (that was a weird sentence...probably cuz I AM tired...) About fifteen minutes before dinner I got hungry. I made (er...toasted) to pieces of bread (you put bread in toasters - not toast) and ate ice cream. Fifteen minutes later, dinner was oishi and Tim and I spent the rest of the night punishing Elliot Reasoner and Brandon Nakamura for being little annoying kids (euphemism). They called me a zuccini. OH!!!!! And I played the second most amazing guitar ever (behind my Taylor guitar!)!!!!!!! A beautiful 31yearoldguitar!!!

I can't believe tomorrow's our last day of VBS. We've got a barbecue tomorrow and hopefully a lot of the parents will show. I think this is goodnight...

Blessings!
Matt Sekijima

2 comments:

  1. Hey Matt and team,
    I arrived back to **HOT** Seattle where my condo was an oven! But praise God it's cooler today, and when I say cooler I mean 80's!
    I am not missing the humidity of Japan but am praying for no rain for you guys! Wish I could've seen you all when I was in Osaka but my sister and nieces and I prayed for you guys.
    And my older niece got a kick out of your blogs!

    Okay, please say hi to the Tamuras, Nakamuras and Reasoners for me! ----PN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,

    I cannot believe you posted a picture of yourself and Tanaka-sensei, a retired Domei pastor whose ministry was children's ministry for over 30 years! Tanaka-sensei comes all the way down to NBF to preach once every 2 months! What an amazing coincidence. What a big God we have!

    -Shirley

    ReplyDelete