Friday, July 31, 2009

Susan - Day 4 VBS - Forgiven by Jesus

Today's story was about Peter denied knowing Jesus three times before the rooster crowed. I narrated the story while Tim (played Peter), Matt (played Jesus), and Vincy (played the girl who asked if Peter was a follower of Jesus). We also involved the kids in the story by having them be the angry people who arrested Jesus (Matt), and crowed like a rooster. The skits really helped the kids get a better understanding of the story (good job guys, and Vincy!). For application I said that when Peter denied knowing Jesus, it hurt Him. In the same way when we say we don't want to believe in Him, it hurts Jesus. Then I asked them, "do you want to believe in Jesus?" and to my surprised the younger kids all raised their hands. For the older kids, one guy raised his hand half way and said "I believe half way". It was an encouragement and definately a seed has been planted in the hearts of these children.

Tomorrow I will be Emceeing and give a brief introduction to the last story of VBS - Living for Jesus. The story is about Peter demonstrated Jesus love and power when he helped the lame man. I'm not comfortable talking in front of an audience and not sure how to introduce the story since it's about living for Jesus and almost all the kids are non-believers. Please pray for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment