Thursday, July 30, 2009

Matt: "Ultimate Frisbee; Ultimate Humidity; Ultimate Japanese Cheesburgers"

Good morning to you! It is 12:36 AM in Washington. Oh boy...what a day...it was hot...but not as hot as back home!!! I love God's sense of humor! Who would've thought that Japan would be cooler than Washington! Irony is a beautiful thing.

My first recollection of today was Vincy in my face shouting, "Wake up, wake up!!!" It was...quite the way to wake up...I prefer my alarm clock, though...

We ate breakfast (with potatoes for the 60th day in a row), had a prayer/worship time, and took off for the Send Center. (Huh, sounds like the same sentence from last blog...oh well...)

Today we had VBS...right...you already knew that...can't think of anything to say right now...probably because I'm tired... Oh! We ate Japanese style(?) burgers today! It was good! And interesting! I'll upload pictures later - don't worry! ;)

PE in the Park was ultimate frisbee... Some kids got hurt, but that's okay; it was fun! And we had a looooong debrief for about an hour and a half...(Alisha says it was 15 million years...I think she has an exaggeration problem...) Those are always fun...(that actually wasn't sarcastic...)

We're going shopping later...five minutes...what should I buy? Oh! Poke'mon stuff, you say??? Okay!!! Sounds good; thanks for your input! My right foot's asleep...just thought you'd want to know...

(later that night)

g2g, guys...sorry! (or maybe not sorry if you don't like my writing...)

Blessings!
Matt Sekijima

2 comments:

  1. Hey Matt wake up!!! Wanted to wish the best Sekijima I know a "Good morning". Must be 4:30am in Japan, heck I'm usually up at that time! Love reading the blogs from you and your team. It's good to hear from you guys and know that God is doing great things as you all continue to build on you relationships in Japan.
    We'll continue to pray for you and your team and the work you guys are doing.

    PS. Glad you enjoy God's sense of humor as we continue to sweat away in Seattle. Yesterday was 103 in Seattle and today will be slightly cooler, it's only suppose to be 100 degrees. So I hope you are enjoying your nice cooool 85+ degrees, 90%humidity conditions.... irony?!!!

    Blessings in Christ, Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooops..forgot to add to my thoughts about the irony ...you guys are getting the rain...haha!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete