Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our first VBS Day -- Janis

Too many words, thoughts and feelings right now... How can I express the wonderful time we had today? Wonderful turnout (17 children), good time with parents (and grandparents), and of course, good times with each other (the team). Yes, we're still laughing up a storm even though in the evenings we're tuckered out! :)

I know I'm repeating myself, but Tom and I agree, this team can only be described as "God given". Each person is working in their strengths and talents. And the energy, morale is strong. I am looking forward to the rest of our trip.

But to who ever reads this, please (continue to) pray for the salvation of the people of Japan (young and old), stamina for the team, and encouragement for the Nakamuras, Reasoners & Tamuras.

Thank you
janis

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janis, Shirley, Matt and the rest of the team! I am in Osaka with my sister and 2 nieces but I leave for Seattle tomorrow afternoon. Sorry I couldn't hook up with you guys but have been praying for you. My sister stayed with Shirley 3 weeks ago when she first got to Japan so she heard all about your team and stayed in Shirley's parents condo too (thank you Shirley!). We've had a great time in Japan and will continue to pray for you all these 2 weeks!

    Jaa, kiyotsukete kudasai! Gambatte ne!

    All 4 Jesus,
    P. Nancy

    ReplyDelete