Sunday, August 2, 2009

finally... a blog... hah!

Saturday August 1, 2009

~sometime around 1AM~… (so I guess actually Sunday?)

So… I figured now that we’re about half way through the trip I might as well toss a blog entry up there. This week has been a total blast. It definitely went by a ton faster than I was expecting… Good food. Fun games. Crazy kids. New friends. And best of all: God working. I’m kind of too lazy to go through a detailed recap of each of the days’ activities, but I’m pretty sure Matt did a thorough enough job of that. Pretty much it was one of those… really-tiring-but-totally-worth-it-and-ridiculously-fun-and-exciting-weeks. I guess one of the really encouraging occurrences was when one of the kids (who at the beginning of the week was quite the ball hog…) shared a ball for another kid (who happened to be rather small and quiet) to play with. Somewhere inside I just knew that that was God working in his heart. J okay.. enough details about the week. Today was rather sad… we left behind the kids (who I was really becoming quite attached to…) and also the Reasoner family and Nakamura family; both of which have been giving us amazing hospitality. Great food, hours of entertainment, fun conversations, and… uh… well... the rest doesn’t quite have words that fit the… uh… yeah. no words for it. Hah… anyways. They were definitely starting to feel like family by… probably the middle of the week actually. After a long day of train riding and transferring and getting lost and finding where we were again… we have arrived in Nokendai… and for the most part have settled into our new apartment-ish-thing-that-will-serve-as-home-for-a-week. To tell the truth I’m completely exhausted. I’m reallllllllllly happy that we get to sleep in tomorrow. If I was more awake I would probably be nervous about the coming week. I feel almost sad because it’s hard for me to imagine in my mind a more fun and friend-filled vbs than we just had at Tokorozawa… but there is also the part of me that still has some sense that knows God can do all things. SO! With that… I am going to stop blogging now. Go take a shower… and a WONDERFUL Japanese bath (hah!) after a long day of traveling… and probably go to bed…

P.S. I totally forgot to mention! I met the Tamuras (spelling?) for the first time today. They’re a reallllly nice family… 3 daughters: 2 rather talkative… 1 kind of quiet, but all realllllly cute kids. Okay. Seriously now. Bed time……………….. ~_~

P.P.S… (or p.s.s. ? o.O) this is being added on august 4. now that I’ve been invited to the blog (the first time expired and the second time Janis spelled my email wrong. Even though that probably doesn’t make a difference since I’ve been pretty lazy :PPP)

No comments:

Post a Comment