Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kelly - Reflections...

Sharon and I said our Good-byes to the rest of the team about 12 hours ago. In fact they should be landing in Seattle in about 3 hours now. After spending 2 weeks in close (and then closer) quarters with JMT09, you'd think I'd be happy to be enjoying the Tamura's condo here with just my wife...(well I am but...) it's reeeeaaaaaly quiet, and honestly, I miss them. What, you're wondering what Sharon and I are still doing here? Well, let's just say God has His own set of plans for the next few days that Sharon and I have been blessed with. In short, I got to spend the day here in Nokendai with Sharon's dad's cousin and his wife. (huh, what does that make his relationship to us you wonder, well, don't ask me, just keep readng...) They live only 20 min. further down the same train line we've been riding every day. He and his wife are christians and regularly attend a christian church(s) up in Yokohama. Now, since Sharon and I will be planning on staying here for the NBF worship time here tomorrow, they will also be coming to NBF to join us after heir worship service up in Yokohama! Hopefully new opportunities for local support will open.



Sharon and I have been having some wonderful conversations and relections about the past two weeks... and now that I'm tired I really wish I had jotted them down cause I can't seem to remember what all we talked about...



I do wish the team could still be here. I think it's wonderful we supported NBF during the week, but I truely feel that if we stayed (as a team) for the Sunday service, we could have had success this year getting some of the kids (and maybe even moms) to come to the Sunday service - and to me that would be a huge victory! That would apply to the TMK as well. Not staying for the Sunday Service to me is one thing I would vote to change for next year.



Ok, tired, sad, but at peace...

1 comment:

  1. I know you and Sharon were a huge blessing to all the people there! We continue to pray for you until your safe return.

    ReplyDelete