Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Janis -- Ahhhh....!

I can't believe we'll be leaving Japan in less than 4 days from now... This trip has FLOWN by! I apologize for not blogging more because there is so much to share.

As co-leader of this trip, I've had the wonderful opportunity to meet and get to know more people who are involved with the VBSes -- the missionaries and their families, the people who attend their churches, the volunteers who are helping us and the mothers and fathers of the VBS kids. Too bad I have to "work" during the VBSes otherwise I would have a lot more time to just chat with everyone. Or I feel bad because as leader, I sometimes have to interrupt conversations (mine or others') because we're running late or something needs to happen at that moment.

But I am trusting that God is giving us enough time for each person we come across.

The weather and team finances have been a God-send! Answer to our prayers, definitely.

Team prayer requests:
For Tim's health -- he's not feeling well.
For Susan as she's having difficulty getting good sleep
For less mosquito bites for Vincy, Elaine & Susan
For strength and flexibility in our bodies - knees, backs, shoulders

I so thank God for this team. He made this trip easy for me as co-leader.
Matt's musical talent amazes me each time. I especially thank God for his grace & mercy for me and others on this team.
Tom's gift for children and love for raising them like his own. I especially thank God for his patience and grace in putting up with my (I'm not a) Type A personality.
Sharon's gift story telling - her conscientious effort and purposefullness (is that a word??) in her planning, is wonderful to watch
Susan's talent for teaching children crafts while she share's God's stories is a true God-sighting
Elaine's laughter and energy lightens the children's hearts and reassures them they will have fun
I thank God for Vincy's musical talent, her gift of making friends easily and her maturity to answer God's call and be His servant.
I also thank Tim for his humor, no-nonsense-get-it-done attitude and flexibility to DO WHAT I SAY (j/k!) I've asked him a couple of times for last minute things and he's been open & willing.
And thank you Lord for your servant Kelly -- he's never complained, he's solved problems and has helped the team get organized and of course, prevented us from getting lost on the trains. But more importantly, he looks to you and that's all you ask of us.

Isn't this a wonderful team?????!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Janis and the rest of the team! Praise God for the good weather and fun with the kids! So glad the team is doing well. We continue to pray for you all.
    Got up at 4am to send off the Kenya team who met at 5am at SEATAC! I can't believe I'm still awake at midnight now!
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete