Sunday, August 2, 2009

Susan - It's raining in Yokosaka!

This is my 3rd time here in Yokosaka and the first time I've seen it rain, it's weird seeing rain and mild temperature during the hottest months in Japan. I feel like I'm back in Seattle, it's funny that Seattle is going thru a heat wave and it's raining in Japan, obviously something is not right... please pray for sunshine, especially when we have PE in the park on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

It's Sunday morning and we all slept in. I first woke up at 2am, then 4am, then the light shining thru my bedroom window woke me up at 6am, but everyone was still asleep so I decided to go back to sleep. The next thing I knew it was 10am, it's so nice to sleep in and take our time getting ready church service which start at 3pm. Tomorrow will be the first day of VBS at Nokendai and it's back to getting up bright and early in the morning, but I'm excited to see what God will bring us this coming week!

1 comment:

  1. You must all be making your way to Nokendai to help set-up for their 3pm worship service. I'm so glad that you were all (?) able to sleep in and catch up on some much needed rest. Praying for a smooth worship service this afternoon where you will be sharing a glimpse of the VBS program with the congregation.

    It's all true - the temperatures you have been reading about here in Seattle. Was about 90 today and Wednesday in Issaquah was about 106! I hope it's all behind us now. Yes, please send the rain our way!

    May God bless all of you (and Tamura's too) with energy and stamina for the coming week as you share His truth. Be strong in Lord!
    I miss all of you. --- Mei-Ling

    ReplyDelete