Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kelly - Wow, one week gone already...

Hi all,

One full week has elapsed and we've already held three of our sessions here with Nokendai Bible Fellowship.

From the mission side, despite all of us being tired, (Tim even got sick, but praise God, he's strong enough to continue after resting for just one day) things have gone remarkably well. I'm not saying things haven't happened, but the lack of major issues just brings home how God is watching over us. The little issues have even come with their own blessings. While I wasn't here in Nokendai last year, I've been told, one major blessing has been the increased involvement of the Bible Fellowship members over last year. To me, there is a good sense or feel of team-work between us "lighthousee's" and the members from NBF.

On the personal side, much like last year, I still feel like the non-gifted person for this mission scope. I build things, I reinforce sounds (make 'em louder and sometimes make em sound better), and I work well with Jr. High school age and up. So doing VBS is a bit of a stretch for me. I just read parts of the Kenya Blog and sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have gone on that team... but deep down I have a tremendous ache in my heart for the health of the Japanese Church here in Japan and the Japanese fathers. I simply can't ignore that ache, and while I can probably do more with a mission team like Kenya, my heart isn't there, it's here. So I will do what ever God asks me to do here. Even sit on the floor with a shy girl sitting in my lap because she was cold (of course I was hot...).

Tonight I'm taking a small break, the rest of the team is out eating ramen, but with my knee getting more and more painful with each day, I decided I would rather walk tomorrow than eat delicious food tonight (besides I've probably been eating too much as it is...). And, it's given me the opportunity to blog (for the first time - sorry Patti and Mei-ling...)

Living (and hobbleing) By His Grace,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment