Friday, August 7, 2009

Matt: "Wait, We Leave Tomorrow? That's Just Not Right..."












It's been a while since I've blogged...my team members, however, have stepped it up - oh so proud of them!

I can't believe today was the last day of VBS. Over the week, I've had the privilege of watching these kids grow day by day. I remember the first day: the kids would not do the motions to the songs, would not sing, would not smile very much, and didn't look particularly happy to be there...I was kind of discouraged. God changed that and changed that quickly. When we do music, I can hear the kids sing and shout and see them do the motions! Their smiles are bright with joy and I can easily tell that they're having fun. THANK YOU, LORD! When we prayed for calmer kids, you answered us. When we prayed for no rain, you answered us. When we prayed for our restoration, you answered us. You have always been there, Lord. Thank you for everything; we came here to serve you.

So much happened in the time I didn't blog! I can't remember everything! (My parents are probably thinking..."I'm glad, son...")

The past two days, the Tamura's have been gracious to give us rides to the center. As much as I like taking the train (where strange men ask me for a sip of my CC Lemon drink), I was happy to ride in the air-conditioned car (where we don't have to walk...you just don't walk in cars...that would be wrong.)

(FINISH BLOG LATER!!! DINNER!!!)

AND I'm back...good dinner...Denny's...I ate two dishes...this spaghetti-egg-bacon-thing and a sandwich. (Sooo much better than American Denny's...)

Back to the VBS... We set-up, prayed, and went to work. Some of the kids gave us gifts to say goodbye... It was sooo nice. =) I'm going to miss them so much... It's so helpful for me to see how we've made some difference in these kids' lives. For me personally, it shows me why God called me here to Japan. I praise the Lord for that.

Saying goodbye was sooo hard... As we were leaving, some of the kids kept following so they could wave to us. (I hate goodbyes...it'd be nice if we could just say goodbye to people without saying goodbye...okay, so that made no sense...oh well...)

After dinner, we debriefed with the Tamura's and prayed. I can't believe we're leaving them too! Ahhh!!!!!!! I really do miss home, though. I really miss my family. (BTW, are you guys gonna be there to get me at the airport? Like, all FIVE of you? Are all five of you even reading my blogs??? I MISS YOU GUYS!!!)
------(Sorry, I just turned the blog into an email to my family...oops...)

I'm tired! The trip's been amazing. I've seen God do so many amazing things this trip. He has renewed me and revealed himself in many incredible ways. I love the Lord so much.

(Don't worry, this isn't my last blog! ;) We still have "closing blogs" when we get back...)

Gotta pack; we leave the condo at 10:00 AM tomorrow morning. I plan on revisiting Tylenol PM again...should help with the jet-lag... G2G! Thanks for reading!

Blessings,
Mat Sekijima

1 comment:

  1. Good job team! We are cheering you on as you fly back home!

    ReplyDelete