Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kelly - Thursday - 19 kids!

Today was a good day, or at least I feel it was a good day. We had our largest turnout of kids today, but that's not why I feel this way. The VBS sped by, everything clicked today, we are in a groove for set-up, we have our VBS routine down, we're relating to the kids, we know them by name- that helps us to stay a little more in control - and that means we're able to limit the distractions for the other kids. Want to thank Richard for sharing with us about the "spearing gestures aimed towards the mid-section" (he learned about this the prior week with kids of this age group), last week I caught two boys doing this and was able to quickly put a stop to in and here again, I caught one young man doing it and was able to quickly and sternly tell them to stop. The amazing part (or maybe they know it's wrong) is that they did stop.

I had 13 kids in my group today verses 10 yesterday... the exciting part is that they are all participating now or at least trying to. Even two new girls were attempting the hand motions to the songs - and one of the mom's was helping to explain the motions as I helped to show them. Matt gave his testimony to the kids today, not sure how many were touched by his testimony, but they all heard it (few distractions,) and now praying for God and His Holy Spirit to cause it to grow within their hearts.

And while I am really glad we had a "free" afternoon, I was a little sad because many of the kids wanted to play in the park. (side note/ reminder for the nest year, we need to keep announcing our after VBS schedule daily for the new kids that come since several kids had told their parents they were staying until 2:30/ 3pm.)

Sigh... tomorrow is our last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment