Friday, August 7, 2009

Janis is sad but confident in God

Well we just finished our last day of VBS(es) and we're all now sad. It took us, the kids and the mothers about 90mins to say Goodbye to each other. And many of the kids we so sweet, that they gave us hand-made "Thank you" cards and gifts. We're all so very touched.

So now, we're back in the condo, some of us are now shopping. Me, I'm getting tired right now, as I'm typing this now. A very emotional day.

At the end of today, the Tamuras handed out a feedback cards for all the children and mothers and volunteers to fill out. Shirley just told me that many said they want to believe in Jesus!!

I was honored to give my testimony today - better yet, I did it without ballin' my eyes out! As I was leaving today, Mrs Pagnotta approached me to say Goodbye and told me how touched she and the other mothers were by my story. When I heard that I knew yet again, God wanted and needed me here. Despite my swollen ankles, my tired body, and sleepiness, God is using me to share his gospel. Because the story I told was not mine, but God's story. He just used me as the vehicle to share His love and glory.

The adrenaline is wearing off... want sleep and food... Get to go to Denny's tonight! And I"m not being sarcastic.... Denny's is great here!

See you at home tomorrow!
I plan to be at Sunday service the next day!

janis

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for all he has done! Thank you for leading the team Janis and Tom!

    ReplyDelete