Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Matt: "My Very Last Blog...AHHH!!!!!!"





Well hello there! It's been a while, hasn't it?! I would just like to take this time to thank all of you for reading the blogs! It has been a pleasure sharing about my experiences in Japan, the amazing food, my weird rambling problem, and not-so-funny-jokes. (Haha...okay, no...) And now that I'm home, I've had time to think about what's happened.

God really blessed me on this past trip. It was a challenge to leave my family and friends for two weeks; it really made me rely on God that much more. The Lord truly revealed himself to be a sovereign, loving, and gracious God. He NEVER let me down.

I suppose that a mission trip is something one can never fully process. A lot happens and a lot changes in a person. Jesus opened my eyes to the darkness of Japan and the world. He's shown me that I have a heart for Japan and the people there. I know this wasn't my last trip to Japan. It was my honor to serve him.

I still remember my first time on the train; it felt dark and empty. The people looked lifeless and tired. It is that image that inspires and motivates me to minister to these people. If we won't, who will?

I will probably write more later...or maybe not... No more food to blog about...that's no fun...oh well... There's always next year! ;)

- Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment