Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Matt: "Why Is The Weather So Nice Here?"

We just got back from the Nokendai. I count-- hold on...five people sleeping, three people blogging, and one person sitting and drinking water. We're all very tired.

Today's VBS was completely different from yesterday's! The kids were singing(/shouting "SonRock Kids Camp!") the songs and behaving well! Today's theme was "Protected By Jesus." The song was "I'm Keepin' My Eyes on Jesus." Sharon MC-ed the intro and Elaine gave her testimony. They did awesome, of course.

After VBS, some people went to pick up food for lunch while the rest of us rested. We needed to get to the nursing home at 2:00ish. Vincy and I practiced the song we played: 'Hungry.' Since both of us were taught chord-piano by Rachel Ogimachi, 'Hungry' was the first song we learned. I played guitar and Vincy played piano. When Susan brought a bag of Vincy's favorite spicy fried chicken, she gave me and Susan one piece each, and then ate the rest of the bag...I had to hide the other bag from her; she ate like four pieces! (I hope she doesn't read this blog! :O )

So anyway, we prayed and ate snacks in a room in the nursing home, then we went upstairs to..."perform"? Whatever we call that...MINISTER/EVANGELIZE! How about that? =)

Agenda:
- Seek Ye First in Japanese and English: Team
- 'Hungry': Vincy/Me
- 'Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone'/Passing out crosses: Me/Team
- A Testimony and the "Bridge Illustration": Janis
- 'Jesus Loves Me': Team

It was great. I could really sense the Holy Spirit. It was really apparent when Janis gave her testimony and synthesized it with the Bridge Illustration.

We had Emma's birthday dinner with the Tamura's. It was soooo good! I learned some interesting things about Japanese...that's all I will say...

The Kenya team's flight takes off in about two hours...I'll miss my friends very much...I feel so far away from them...but God feels very close - I mean that. =)

Blessings,
Matt Sekijima

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt! Good to hear your updates, will pray for Tim.
    I just posted my pics of Japan on FB and thought of you guys! Glad things are going well and it's cooled off over there. Same here.
    Got up at 4am to send off the Kenya team who met at 5am at SEATAC! Hope to post pics as soon as Heather can make me a blogger on the Kenya site.
    We are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete